SQE2 Preparation for Legal Professionals
If you are solicitor wanting to qualify in England and Wales using the SQE route to qualification and you are currently working full-time in the legal sector, then this online course is designed to prepare you for those assessments.
It is designed to support the legal knowledge and skills you will have already developed, while preparing you for the SRA’s centralised SQE2 assessments. You’ll have flexibility to study online at your own pace (10 hours per week), without any fixed schedule. The course is therefore asynchronous in design, but each unit has timetabled live subject support sessions to allow you to ask a tutor questions or clarify part of the course.
Not sure if this course is right for you? Download our free guide An SQE Course for Everyone to find your path to becoming a solicitor.
Access to practice ass. & skills masterclasses
Flexible payment options
Learn from our expert tutors
Award-winning Employability service
About Our Study Manuals
About Our Course
About Our Bundles
This course comprises teaching of the six legal skills outlined in the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA’s) assessment specification:
- Client interviewing – prepping and conducting an interview with a client, producing an attendance note recording a client interview and initial legal analysis
- Advocacy – planning for and conduct a piece of advocacy before a judge
- Case and matter analysis – producing a written report to a partner giving legal advice
- Legal research – conducting legal research from a variety of paper and electronic resources
- Legal writing – producing a letter of email as the solicitor acting in a matter, which clearly and correctly applies the law
- Legal drafting – drafting full or part legal documents, use of precedents
On average each unit will take approximately 10 hours to complete including study hours and tutor contact time.
Students studying this course will receive full access to our ULaw SQE Revision App.
The app is designed to help prepare and embed your Functioning Legal Knowledge (FLK), ready to take on the SQE2 assessments.
Start date: Induction w/c 26 February 2024. Teaching commences w/c 26 February 2024.
End date: 15 November 2024
SQE Exam Date: October 2024
Start date: Induction w/c 27 May 2024. Teaching commences w/c 27 May 2024.
End date: 14 February 2025
SQE Exam Date: January 2025
Start date: Induction w/c 19 August 2024. Teaching commences w/c 19 August 2024.
End date: 23 May 2025
SQE Exam Date: April 2025
*Please note that for each intake date the eStore will close for enrolment at 17:00 on the Wednesday prior to the course start date*
Online campus: £4,000 (HK$41,200.00)
The course fee does not include the SQE2 assessment fee of £2,766 (HKD$27,660.00)
You can pay with one upfront payment or with six monthly instalments (part-time courses only).
Study manuals: eBooks are included in the course fee, and you’ll receive a 50% discount if you’d like to purchase print versions.
Offers and discounts
- SQE Bundle Offer: 50% off printed SQE Study Manuals when purchased together with an SQE Course (eBooks are included in the course fee) - discount applied at checkout.
- There is an additional £250 (HKD$2,500.00) Alumni loyalty scheme discount for The University of Law graduates.
Our SQE2 Exam Preparation Course is a short, intensive revision course, which will ensure you’re confident and prepared for the SQE2 assessments.
*Please note - Instalment payments are only available for students using our £GBP eStore.
There are no formal University of Law exams. There are mock SQE2 assessments throughout the course, to track your progress and help you prepare for the requirements of the real assessments.
This course does not lead to an academic award.
You will sit your written SQE assessments at Pearson VUE test centres in the UK and internationally and your oral SQE assessments at one of 4 locations in the UK.
For details on how to book, pay and receive your results for your SQE assessments, as well as request any reasonable adjustments, please visit the SRA website.
The 16 SQE2 assessments are each set in one of five practice areas studied in SQE1. The practice areas are:
- Criminal practice (including advising clients at the police station)
- Dispute resolution
- Property practice
- Wills and intestacy, probate administration and practice
- Business organisations, rules and procedures (including money laundering and financial services).
The SQE2 exam is divided into 2 parts – SQE2 Oral over two half days and SQE2 Written over three half days.
This course is available for Online study only.
Reach out to our team of Programme Consultants, whose role it is to guide you through your journey at ULaw.
If you’re considering studying with us or would like advice on your course of interest, contact us by:
Calling: +852 39598667
If you have any questions on processing your booking on our eStore, contact us by:
Calling: +44 (0)1483 405679