SQE1 Preparation Course Online
This online course will prepare you for the SRA’s centralised SQE1 assessments in functioning legal knowledge and also for your Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) as a trainee solicitor. This course is designed for law graduates, and non-law graduates who have studied a law conversion course.
This course is delivered online to provide you with flexibility of study. When you buy our SQE1 Preparation Course Online, you will get our SQE1 Exam Preparation Course for free.
Book now for 5% off (Price displayed includes discount)
Not sure if this course is right for you? Download our free guide An SQE Course for Everyone to find your path to becoming a solicitor.
Pass first time or study for free (SQE1. T&Cs apply)
Flexible payment options
ULaw SQE revision app & question bank incl.
Award-winning Employability service
About Our Study Manuals
About Our Course
About Our Bundles
This course has two modules. Ethics and Professional Conduct is taught across both FLK 1 and FLK 2.
Functioning Legal Knowledge 1 (FLK1)
- Law and Practice
- Dispute Resolution
- Legal Services
- Legal System of England and Wales
- Constitutional and Administrative Law and EU Law
Functioning Legal Knowledge 2 (FLK2)
- Property Practice
- Wills and the Administration of Estates
- Solicitors Accounts
- Criminal Practice
- Land Law
- Criminal Law
Four to five units are covered per week throughout the course (two units per week on the part-time course).
There will be mock assessments throughout the course, along with opportunities to review your progress and ask questions in group sessions.
Students studying this course will receive full access to our ULaw SQE Revision App.
The app is designed to help prepare and embed your Functioning Legal Knowledge (FLK), ready to take on the SQE1 assessments.
Start date: Induction w/c 4 March 2024. Teaching commences w/c 11 March 2024.
End Date: 2 August 2024
SQE Exam Date: July 2024
Start date: Induction w/c 9 September 2024. Teaching commences w/c 16 September 2024.
End Date: 24 January 2025
SQE Exam Date: January 2025
Start date: Induction w/c 8 January 2024. Teaching commences w/c 15 January 2024
End date: 2 August 2024
SQE Exam Date: July 2024
Start date: Induction w/c 24 June 2024. Teaching commences w/c 1 July 2024
End date: 31 January 2025
SQE Exam Date: January 2025
The dates of our SQE Preparation Courses align with the SQE assessment dates.
If the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) changes an assessment date, we may need to change our course dates.
*Subject to confirmation and later change by the SRA.
*Each intake will close for online booking at 12:00 on the start dates noted above*
- Online campus: £4,200 (HK$41,087.50 which includes a 5% discount specifically for students booking on the HK eStore)
The course fee does not include the SQE1 assessment fee of £1,622 (HK$16,220.00)
You can pay with one upfront payment or with three monthly instalments (six monthly instalments on the part-time courses).
Study manuals: eBooks are included in the course fee, and you’ll receive a 50% discount if you’d like to purchase print versions.
Offers and discounts
- Pass first time or study for free. We’re so confident in our SQE courses that, if you don’t pass SQE1, you can re-take our SQE1 Exam Preparation Course for free, as many times as you need.*
- SQE Bundle Offer: 50% off printed SQE Study Manuals when purchased together with an SQE Course (eBooks are included in the course fee) - discount applied at checkout.
- There is an additional £250 (HK$2,500.00) Alumni loyalty scheme discount for ULaw graduates.
* The SRA allows up to three attempts at the SQE1 assessments. Free SQE1 Exam Preparation Course re-take applies to students who have attended ULaw's SQE1 Preparation Course and SQE1 Exam Preparation Course and received notification from the SRA that they have failed SQE1.
See Terms and Conditions for full details.
Our SQE1 Exam Preparation Course is a short, intensive revision course, which will ensure you’re confident and fully prepared for the SQE1.
*Please note - Instalment payments are only available for students using our £GBP eStore.
The course includes a wide range of practice tests and materials but there is no formal assessment and it does not lead to an academic award. The course will prepare you for the SQE1 assessments.
You will book, pay for and sit your SQE assessments externally, this includes requests for reasonable adjustments. See sra.org.uk for full details.
The SQE1 assessments will test functioning legal knowledge (FLK) through two multiple choice assessments, each comprising 180 single best answer questions.
- FLK1 covers: Business Law and Practice; Dispute Resolution; Contract; Tort; Legal System of England and Wales; Constitutional and Administrative Law; and Legal Services
- FLK2 covers: Property Practice; Wills and the Administration of Estates; Solicitors Accounts; Land Law; Trusts; Criminal Law; and Criminal Practice
Reach out to our team of Programme Consultants, whose role it is to guide you through your journey at ULaw.
If you’re considering studying with us or would like advice on your course of interest, contact us by:
Calling: +852 39598667
If you have any questions on processing your booking on our eStore, contact us by:
Calling: +44 (0)1483 405679