SQE1 Preparation for Legal Professionals
This online course is designed for professionals working full-time in the legal sector, including international lawyers, who wish to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales using the SQE pathway to qualification.
It is designed to support the legal knowledge and skills you will have already developed, while preparing you for the SRA’s centralised SQE1 assessments. You’ll have flexibility to study online at your own pace (10 hours
per week), without any fixed schedule.
It combines the foundations of English Law with our SQE1 Preparation Course to provide you with the best possible preparation to pass the SQE1 assessments.
Pass first time or study for free (SQE1. T&Cs apply)
Flexible payment options
ULaw SQE revision app & question bank incl.
Award-winning Employability service
About Our Study Manuals
About Our Course
About Our Bundles
This course comprises fifteen short modules for both Functioning Legal Knowledge 1 (FLK1) and Functioning Legal Knowledge 2 (FLK2).
Functioning Legal Knowledge 1 (FLK1)
- Law and Practice
- Legal Services
- Constitutional and Administrative Law and EU Law
- Legal System of England and Wales
Functioning Legal Knowledge 2 (FLK2)
- Criminal Practice
- Property Practice
- Wills and the Administration of Estates
- Solicitors Accounts
- Criminal Law
- Land Law
You will typically study two units per week and each unit will take approximately 5 hours to complete.
Start date: Induction w/c 03 April 2023. Teaching commences w/c 03 April 2023.
End date: 03 February 2024
Start date: Induction w/c 02 October 2023. Teaching commences w/c 02 October 2023.
End date: 2 August 2024
*Each intake will close for online booking at 15:00GMT on the Friday before the start dates noted above*
Online campus: £4,500 (HK$ 45,000.00)
The course fee does not include the SQE1 assessment fee of £1,622 (HKD$16,220.00)
You can pay with one upfront payment or with six monthly instalments (part-time courses only).
Study manuals: eBooks are included in the course fee, and you’ll receive a 50% discount if you’d like to purchase print versions.
Offers and discounts
- Pass first time or study for free. We’re so confident in our SQE courses that, if you don’t pass SQE1, you can re-take our SQE1 Exam Preparation Course for free*.
- SQE Bundle Offer: 50% off printed SQE Study Manuals when purchased together with an SQE Course (eBooks are included in the course fee) - discount applied at checkout.
- There is an additional £250 (HKD$2,500.00) Alumni loyalty scheme discount for ULaw graduates.
* The SRA allows up to three attempts at the SQE1 assessments. Free SQE1 Exam Preparation Course re-take applies to students who have attended ULaw's SQE1 Preparation for Legal Professionals and SQE1 Exam Preparation Course and received notification from the SRA that they have failed SQE1.
Our SQE1 Exam Preparation Course is a short, intensive revision course, which will ensure you’re confident and prepared for the SQE1 assessments. More information coming soon.
There are no formal ULaw exams. There are mock SQE1 assessments throughout the course, to track your progress and help you prepare for the requirements of the real assessments.
This course does not lead to an academic award. However, students who successfully pass the SQE1 assessments will accumulate 60 credits, which can be applied towards an award under the University’s Recognition of External Assessments Policy.
You will sit your SQE assessments at Pearson VUE test centres in the UK and internationally. For details on how to book, pay and receive your results for your SQE assessments, as well as request any reasonable adjustments, please visit the SRA website.
There are two multiple choice assessments over two days – one for FLK1 and one for FLK2.
- FLK1 covers: Business Law and Practice; Dispute Resolution; Contract; Tort; Legal System of England and Wales; Constitutional and Administrative Law; and Legal Services
- FLK2 covers: Property Practice; Wills and the Administration of Estates; Solicitors Accounts; Land Law; Trusts; Criminal Law; and Criminal Practice
Each assessment contains 180 single best answer questions. On each day the assessment is likely to take five hours, with a break in the middle
This course is available for online study only.
Reach out to our team of Programme Consultants, whose role it is to guide you through your journey at ULaw.
If you’re considering studying with us or would like advice on your course of interest, contact us at:
Call us: +44 (0) 1483 216 000
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions on processing your booking on our eStore, contact us at:
Call us: +44 (0) 1483 405679
Email us: ProgrammeAdmin@law.ac.uk